Michael P. Darrow is the attorney in Annapolis who is known for taking on the most difficult cases. It is not uncommon for other attorneys to refer clients to Mr. Darrow on challenging matters. And he takes pride in the fact that many of his clients have been with him throughout his 35 year plus career.
Mr. Darrow has achieved numerous honors and distinctions throughout his career including:
- Martindale-Hubbell Highest Rating of “AV”
- “Super Lawyer” 2010-2012 by Baltimore Magazine
- “Best Attorney” 2011 by Capital Gazette
The name Michael Darrow is almost synonymous with construction law in Anne Arundel County. His family, the Baldwins, have been in the area for well over two-hundred years and are involved in nearly all phases of construction in Maryland.
Mr. Darrow became involved in construction as soon as he was old enough to have a job. He attended the University of Baltimore and earned his Juris Doctorate degree in 1977. Upon graduating law school, Mr. Darrow instinctively gravitated towards construction law matters including contracts, negotiations and litigation.
With more than 35 years of experience, he is able to shift through the details of complex cases and simplify them so that they can be represented most effectively. There are times when Mr. Darrow is called on to be an aggressive litigator and others that require him to employ his mediation skills. As a Harvard trained mediator, Mr. Darrow is particularly well suited to handle mediation and arbitration matters that deal with contractual and construction disputes.
Michael Darrow joined the law firm Hillman & Brown in 1979 which subsequently became Hillman, Brown & Darrow. He has always been a prominent figure in Annapolis and very involved within the community. Mr. Darrow has served many organizations including:
- Board of Directors, Johnson Lumber Co.
- Board of Directors, Reliable Contracting Co.
- Board of Directors, Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc
- Advisory Council, St. Joseph’s University
- Board of Directors, St. Mary’s High School, Annapolis, MD
- Board of Directors, Spalding High School
- Board of Directors, Providence Center
- Theresian Society