New Clients 410.263.3131

221 Duke of Gloucester Street PO Box 668 Annapolis, MD 21404

Ask an Attorney: Special Needs Trust

I have a family member/ friend with special needs. What can I do to protect their financial interests and ensure their future?

Ensuring loved ones are taken care of after reaching maturity is something many families must address.  There are many options, including special needs trusts, powers of attorney (financial and of property), and guardianships. Each option comes with pros and cons, and depending on their legal capacity and intellectual ability, our Annapolis attorneys want to make sure that everyone’s needs are addressed. We do not believe in a one plan fits all approach. Call one of our Annapolis Attorneys at Hillman, Brown & Darrow to schedule an appointment to discuss your options.